I don't love my Mark V

Discussion for the new Mark V

Moderators: Guitarzan, Grandor, ned, Platypus

Markageddon
Mark III

Re: I don't love my Mark V

Post by Markageddon » Sat Sep 19, 2020 7:01 am

Thats why theres a big external graphic EQ on top of the amp, it ALL coming from the hands, right? 8)

Seriously though:
Its true that its a 'what you put in to it' thing too, but some of it IS actually what you're putting it out through too. This is why we use Boogies instead of Line6 spider stuff. :p
Mark V
Mark V:25
Mark III (Red Stripe)

Lamed
Bottle Rocket

Post by Lamed » Sat Sep 19, 2020 1:07 pm

Markageddon wrote:
Sat Sep 19, 2020 7:01 am
Thats why theres a big external graphic EQ on top of the amp, it ALL coming from the hands, right? 8)

Seriously though:
Its true that its a 'what you put in to it' thing too, but some of it IS actually what you're putting it out through too. This is why we use Boogies instead of Line6 spider stuff. :p
I shouldve been more clear..

What i meant is that the Mark V is a beast of an amp were not talking line 6 garbage here.
The clips obviously try to emulate tallicas sound and for that youlld need an outboatd eq of some sort.
Btw even an mark iic+ in its own is not a metal beast, it actually pretty gainless compared to later models... Point being that all the sound hes trying to emulates come from a variety of stuff not just the amp in itself.

Wayno
Mark III

Post by Wayno » Sat May 15, 2021 3:56 pm

Markageddon wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 3:21 am
I did wonder if the el34s would 'mid it up/de-rumble' a bit more on MK1... would you say thats the case, Wayne?
Yeah definitely. I didn't notice ch1 suffering like a lot of people have mentioned either. Maybe slight tweak to the eq but that's all. EL34s really helped cut through the other guitarists massively too loud line 6 spider too, which was definitely a blessing!
Her highness the Veenus
(Mark V/V4 & V7 12AT7 Combo)

2 x 12 Vertical Cab
GSP1101

Gibson LP Studio with alnico ii pro
Schecter C1-XXX with emg 81/85 18v
Jackson Dinky XL with Duncan designed???
Sigma DNC-1STE

Markageddon
Mark III

Post by Markageddon » Wed Jun 09, 2021 1:41 pm

The Mark Vs Line6 anything in a competitive situ = "Shut out", "Quintessential stompment", "Annhilation", "Ohhhh the humanity", "Stopppp!! Stopppppp!!!! Hes already dead!!!!", and "Hes dead, Jim..!!!".
Mark V
Mark V:25
Mark III (Red Stripe)