Lone Star effects loop and the 4 cable method - help!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

msermo

Reaction score
Hello,

I have 2 Mesa Lonestars and I run the 4 cable method the way AT does; at least I thought I did. What I cant figure out is why I have lost all control of the Lonestars (both amps) pre amp controls, i.e gain, treble, mid, low, presence, master, etc. I can control the volume with “output” as described in the manual but that’s all the control I have, nothing else on both amps

I am using the Boss ES8 and I set it up according to their 4 cable method described in the manual using the volume loop, however I added the “amp send” in the “RTN to the “OUT 2/R on the ES8 to the Lonestar #2 to the Effects loop return. I have always used this method before the ES8 but coming directly from the Timeline.

I recently switched to the ES8 system. My previous pedal set up without the switcher had no issues with amp controls. I am sure I have something backwards, but wondering if anyone has a solution for me?

thank you

Appears the ES8 is bypassing the LS preamp you are expecting to be using. I am not directly familiar with the ES8 but run a GT-100 in 4CM... one method that may be helpful is to trace the signal path. I'd unplug everything from the amps except the input to the 1st preamp in the path and see if you have the signal there with that amp, then next go for the amp send back to the ES and make sure there is signal out of the ES output that is returning to the Amp RTN, etc.

Latest posts

Back