Effects Loop and Spring reverb signal chain LSC

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi. I’ve just become aware that the Lonestar’s spring reverb is positioned BEFORE the effects loop. This means the reverb feeds INTO any effects you place in the loop, instead of being added afterwards. I run my two digital time based pedals (H9, Flashback mini) in the loop as I’m a fan of Channel 2 cascading gain stage lead tone, and it’s best to have reverb/delays AFTER any higher gain distortion or overdrive. The thing is, I wanted to try a couple of the H9s Drive sounds (it has some cool filtered fuzz and other digital high gain algorithms that are good for the occasional feature sound). Unfortunately though, they’re made unusable with the reverb on as that long decay spring reverb feeding INTO a gainy drive stage just doesn’t work. Has anyone here ever heard of modding a Mesa amp so the reverb is placed AFTER the effects return? I guess there are logical reasons for it being configured the way it is but just thought I’d ask.
Thanks! :)

Latest posts

Back