Distorted Clean channel using effects send & retun

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hej Folks

Can anyone shed light on this issue I am have with my 1x12 LSS. The amp is distorting quite badly under load on a clean sound ( decent gigging volume ) on channel 1 when using wet effects via send and return. Channel 2 is unaffected and dry effects going through the front of the amp are fine. I disconnected the s&r cables and the problem went away, so I am thinking it is an issue with the send and return circuit or of there is a valve connected to that part of the amp. I am sure there is no issue withe the effects pedals or cables being used for the s&r,

Anyone experienced this before? Is it a common issue?

Any help or advice would be welcome.

Cheers
PDB

Pillsbury Dough Boy said:
so I am thinking it is an issue with the send and return circuit or of there is a valve connected to that part of the amp.

V3 is the valve, V3A is the Send, V3B is the return and both channels use V3. It may be worth a try to run a guitar directly into the input of your wet effects chain with it's output into the loop return. That would isolate the V3B return and the power section, conversely you can run your normal setup but take the wet effects output to another amp and test both channels.

Good call on the tube. Also check the effects send level control on back of amp. Maybe turn it down and see if distortion goes away? If the send level is clipping the input of a digital effect in the loop that could get nasty.

Back