Flashback 2 in Loop

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marco2073

Reaction score
I have bought a second hand Head 10/50/100 in mint condition.
The amp is wonderfull also at bedroom level.

Yestraday I'm tried to place the flashback 2 in the loop, but I can't understand how set the levels properly:

the pedal is in truebypass and every time I switch it off the volume drops a lot.
This happens until I set the send level of the amp to the full clockwise position.

I thought the problem had to do with the impedance of the pedal but I read in the manual that the Flashback 2 has 1MΩ in input and 100Ω in output, exactly the same values of many pedals .

I tried also to raise the master level without success.

If the pedal is set in buffered mode the issue obviously disappears.

Have you any idea why it happens?

plan-x said:
Got another pedal (delay/chorus/reverb/etc.) to test it?

I will try today..

Anyway I suspect the issue is related to the interaction between the master, the send / return level and output pot . I use the lonestar at bedroom level, so probably the problem is evident only at low volumes, though I tried to raise the master pot lowering the output without success.

In any case I will try another pedal and I will let you know how it went...

I have tried another delay and the problem is not present.
Probably the flashback for some reason is not compatible

I was reading through my Boss DD-20 manual and I discovered that it has a -4db and -20db settings. If your Flashback has the same, that could be the problem. Read the manual. :idea:

Back