Whats your favorite pedal with the Lonestar?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

plan-x

Reaction score
When the honeymoon's over, which pedal(s) do you like the best with your LSC/LSS?

With all the Barbers I have, the LTD SR w/mod stands out. The honeymoon just goes on and on. It sounds like an extension of my LSC. With the pedal mod, it can further the gain and go well into medium gain, and sounds so sweet and natural.

I love my Keeley Katana Clean Boost. It's the only drive pedal that has permanent residence on my board.

And it does truly wonderful things to my strat!

:D

A first generation Pro-co Rat seems to work wonderfully with the clean channel. I can go from the beautiful cleans of channel 1 through to that just breaking up crunch on channel 2 and to an SRV / Hendrix / Classic Rock tone with the pedal on. The only issue is it doesn't like having channel 2 and the Rat together - just an indistinct mush if your not careful. I am running it direct into the front panel, maybe using the loop would help, but I seem to be having a cable crisis at the moment!

G

Dirt in the loop usually doesn't sound good. Dirt in my 2nd ch didn't sound good until I did the Reeder mods. Now dirt pedals sound fine(good, great) through the 2nd ch.

The LTD SR seems to be a perfect OD for the Lonestar to me and it's been my favorite. #2 Barber Trifecta with the fuzz low on the Tone Bender setting.

A few guys have nominated the Xottic RC Boost. Have you compared it to the Fulltone Fat Boost, if so what was it about the sound that you chose the RC? I am trying to get a bit more sparkle in my LSS sound and maybe subconsciously trying to get the combo to sound a bit more like a quad box.

Regards

Goudie FX 808+ pedal, which is a modified TS808/SD-9 with an expanded bottom end. My Strat sounds like magic thru it.

John Bull Mk 2, Jangle Box, Option 5 Destination Rotation

the John Bull (toadworks) gives me the Marshall sound when I need it...a nice switch up from the 6L6 tone.
the Jangle Box makes the Ric 330-12 come alive...once you use on on your Ric you'll wonder how you ever did without one.
and the Op 5 Destination Rotation does that Leslie thang...actually more of a Vibratone thang.

Back