Mesa Express 5:25 with 1x12 Thiele EVM-12L -questions

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rosgary

Reaction score
Hey guys!

I'm about to jump into the Boogie world and got an offer for the Mesa Express 5:25 and 1x12 Thiele EVM-12L both for 1000€ ($1114). I reckon this is nice deal but I wanted to ask your opinions about the aforementioned head + cab -combo. I appreciate Fendery cleans and creamy overdrives, namely Princeton-style. Budda amps (the older ones) are also one of my favorites. I have heard that Thiele can be boomy. How well does the Mesa take pedals and is it usable at bedroom level? Thanks in advance!

Also sorry for not using the search engine for similar topics. I'm in bit of rush because of the deal I got.

Is the amp the “+” version? The graphic EQ can make a difference tweaking in a speaker. Also a question of a 10” or 12” in a combo.

I have a + version combo and have swapped speakers a bit. Easy to tweak for a different speaker. The bass tone control is sensitive. Use your ears and not the knob position to adjust and you will be good.

Back