CH1 cannot be toggled when footswitch is connected

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DeathCap

Reaction score
Hi, everyone, I'm new here. I just got my first Mesa Boogie, an Express 5:50 (not plus). It's used. It has a weird behavior that I noticed while playing with it today.

If the footswitch is plugged in, I cannot use the toggle on the amp to switch to CH1. I can toggle to CH2, and I can use the footswitch to toggle back and forth between CH1 and CH2 when the toggle is in either the CH1 or FTSW position. But if the amp has been switched to CH2, I cannot use the amp's toggle to go back to CH1.

When the footswitch is not plugged in, then I can toggle to CH2, and toggling to either CH1 or FTSW puts me in CH1, as expected.

Do other 5:50s behave this (undocumented) way, or do you think my switch is broken?

I haven't found any other problems with the amp, except that the reverb tank and cables are missing.

It doesn't seem right that the footswitch overrides the toggle when toggling to CH1 but it lets me toggle to CH2. Is that how your amp works?

Back