C + pre printed on the power tube board of a late 2c that failed the loop test.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lmy68s

Reaction score
I tend to nerd out on stuff so bear with me.

My recently acquired 2c has c+ in the same font as the rest of the font the board would have pre population. Such as the mesa 701.I hope I'm making sense.

C+ is, soldered into the board.

I have no illusions that this is a c+ as it failed the loop test. I'm just wondering if you c + owners have the same c+ on your main power tube board.

If your standing behind the chassis on the reverb side, it will be on the top left corner.

I hope Mike b still does the c+ conversion. This one should be easy.

Oh, this is a Drg with a 100 transformer
I've spent way too much on effects pedals that promise to emulate the tone of a a amp that rhymes with fumble.

This amp seems to pull that tone off quite easily.....very cool !

I'm not into metalica, buy the way. I'm more into Robin Ford or Knopfler type tones.

FWIW

original IIC HR SN# 119xx

looking at the power tube PCB from the back of the chassis... in the upper RH corner there is etching as follows;

MESA
PWR-7C1

This amp is a DRG. The top right of the board has Mesa etched into it the c+ is on the top left. It's not easy to see.

It's right above the last orange drop on the top left of the board. I was using the light on my phone when I found it.

If your looking straight down at the chassis you won't see it. The orange drop is hanging over it so, you have to look under the orange drop.

Just pulled the chassis on my upgraded DRG serial number 1235x with the Pull Deep faceplate. It has C+ on the power tube board. Nice catch! I never noticed that before. I'll have to ask Mike B. about that.

Cool ! I would like to hear Mike's response so I hope you get back to us. When I called mesa i had to leave a messege ain't wait for a call back. When they called back I could tell the caller from mesa was very busy and seemed a little put out
So it was a short call.
By the way the serial number of mine is 1234x February of 84.

Thanks for taking the chassis out of yours !

Three things I almost forgot to mention. It does have a small plus written in fine felt tip black marker on the right side of the board by where mesa is etched.

The preamp board is etched RP 11 A

The initials on the underside of the chassis above the date are W D ? Did Doug West sometimes write his initials backwards?

Latest posts

Back