Back with Boogie MKIV but has some issues

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lights Out

Reaction score
Hi Guys
After several years of not have a Boogie amp I went out and got a MKIV
Now Im not sure if Im doing something wrong or the amp is not working fully , So I have a few questions if you guys can help me out 8)

Firstly - R2 MID dosent seem to do anything
When I turn the knob I cant hear any change in tone ( Its shared with R1 and does work on R1 but no effect on R2 )
Is this something that is very subtle in R2 that can be heard only at louder volumes ?

The LED on the amp for R2 dosent work , is that a hard Fix ?

And last of all . Im trying to understand the PULL SHIFT on R2 and RD
It only works then it is pulled out , meaning when the knob in pushed in nothing happends when I turn the knob .
Is that the way it is supposed to work .

Sorry for the dumb questions , Im just trying to get my head around it
Thanks for reading , any help would be appreciated

Difficult to say without actually seeing the amp.

There isn't any knobs that do nothing. Back your gain way down. To like 3. Are you still hearing no change with some knobs ?

Yeah thanks
I did try backing the gain down but was at low volume , I live in an appartment .
I will try again tomorrow when the neighbours are out

Basically the more the Gain and Treble are turned up the less the rest of the knobs do.

I recommend putting the Gain on about 3 and Treble on about 4 or 5.
You need to have the sound in the room up loud enough. Soft hitting drummer volume or louder. You can't tell what a car can do if you never go over 10 miles a hour.

Thanks for that , once I get back to rehearsals I will crank up the amp and have a good listen 8)

You should definitely hear a difference between R1 & R2, even at lower volumes.

The pull shift, are you talking about the presence or the gain. Again you should hear a difference even at lower volumes with both.

I just got mine back from Mesa Friday. Sent in just the chassis.

New electrolytics and tubes all the way around, along with general cleaning of pots, jacks, switches and minor tweaks here and there.

Man it's like a new amp and sounding better than I ever remember.

Mike Bendinelli is amazing.

Truly the the Godfather of Mesa Mark Repairs.

And my god this forum is dead as hell. :idea:

El Rey said:

I have to agree, over the past 8 years it has gotten much quieter. 10+ years ago it was a different thing. Not sure what happened.

swbo101 said:
El Rey said:

I have to agree, over the past 8 years it has gotten much quieter. 10+ years ago it was a different thing. Not sure what happened.

Chaps moving on to digital domain as the backs are getting collectively more fragile :mrgreen:

Eevil said:
swbo101 said:
El Rey said:

Chaps moving on to digital domain as the backs are getting collectively more fragile :mrgreen:

Well...I'm 63 and still schlepping my MKIV EV12L Combo.

These damned people will need walkers next.

El Rey said:
Eevil said:
swbo101 said:

LOL, well I'm a bit younger, 55 & still lug my Mark IV head with my 4x12 cab. I will say, I don't move those as quick as I used to though.

swbo101 said:
El Rey said:
Eevil said:

LOL, well I'm a bit younger, 55 & still lug my Mark IV head with my 4x12 cab. I will say, I don't move those as quick as I used to though.

Well, I don't either.....I just move more carefully. ;)

Back