New Member with a New Amp, Extremely Early, (maybe first?), Mark ii Built. Pics Inside!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BoogieBoii

Reaction score
Hey everyone, long time player and lurker but first post here. I've had a decent amount of Rev F and G Recto's but this is my first Mark series. From what I can tell, it is an EXTREMELY early Mkii, (09/78 chassis date, patent pending back plate, etc.), and according to Mesa, Mkii serial numbers started "somewhere around the 3xxx mark", with this one being number 3016. If anyone has, or has seen, an earlier Mkii, I would love to have a thread and info of the earliest ones known! Mine is obviously an HRG, black tolex and wicker front. All original knobs and sliders are intact, tolex is mint and corners are still as shiny as day one, no pitting or anything to report. I'm not a collector, I just couldn't pass up a wicker front Mkii. That said, everything obviously has a price and if a true collector out there needs this amp, please reach out to me and I'll be happy to work something out. Like I said, I am not a collector and am more than happy to keep it but if I were to sell it, it would absolutely have to go to another enthusiast that'll take as good care of it as it has had to this point in its life. Pics are attached, let's get it going!
6da7BSz.jpeg

LOPv4f6.jpeg

IDPZCdb.jpeg

Mark IIA’s are wonderful amps! It is a low serial, for sure. A couple of observations: 1.) it looks like it has been modded to remove the Fetron (this is something Mesa has been known to do when servicing IIA’s -if the owner wishes), and, 2.) I suspect that’s not the OG headshell it came in (logo plate). Either way, it’s a great looking amp, and, I’m sure it sounds awesome! IIA’s have some of the best cleans in the Mark series.

Back