Help with Mark III Blue stripe

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

neskor

Reaction score
Hi.
I found one Mark III/blue stripe for sale. That will be mine first Mesa Boogie amp in my life :p
There is blue stripe above power cord and MB and R bellow.
Presence knob is a little bit strange, it is bigger than normal. Also serial number has a sticker.
Any clue what version or mod is done here?
Thank you in advance.

$_86.JPG

looks pretty original. 60W III with reverb and hardwired 220V. The presence knob size... have to figure a replacement for a lost one :) Blue Stripe (1988 - mid 89) and believe Mesa went to stickers about that time frame.

Does it have EQ?

I had a blue stripe. Most aggressive amp I've ever owned. It was SAVAGE. Loved it. Wish I still had it.

Mine was a loaded model. 100 watt, reverb, EQ, simulclass, long chassis head. The perfect amp for me, and I regret selling it, but I did because I had to.

Hi Neskor!

I can’t see your pic anymore, so unfortunately I can’t help much, but I do own several Blue Stripes, and they are hands down the most brutal amplifier Mesa ever made!

Since the Blue Stripes are typically brighter than all other revisions, you’ll want to run the presence a little lower. Personally I rarely run mine above 4.

Latest posts

Back