Grill cloth for Half Back 2x12

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Coliii

Reaction score
Hi All,

I'm a long time fan of Mesa amps and reader of this forum, but have only just made an account. Anyway, I've very recently acquired a Half Back 2x12 and I've been thinking about putting some cloth over the metal grill, so that it matches the cloth on the front of my Mark III head, and gives a bit of protection to the speakers. Has anyone done this before, and could give some tips as to where to find the right cloth, and how to fit it? I'm in the the UK, and have found this stuff looks which looks quite similar:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/164854064931

Thanks

In case anyone's interested in seeing a picture:

I upgraded my combo and identical 2x12 vertical half back cab to wicker.

You can get identical to mesa wicker cane/rattan from furniture shops on rolls.

For the cab, i removed the metal grill made nade a simple scrap wood frame to sit inside that I stapled the wicker to. Then put it back.

If you soak the wicker in a bath first, it tightens when it dries.

I am UK based too.

Thanks for the tip. The frame inside the metal grill was what I was thinking of using, seems like the easiest and most reversible solution. I'd prefer to use grill cloth though, rather than the wicker. I might end up contacting Mesa and asking them directly.

Latest posts

Back