Restoring my Mark I (servicing and OEM parts in the UK)

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zebpedersen

Reaction score
I'm finally going to bite the bullet and get my Mark I restored – over the last 10 years one thing after another has broken (the reverb, then the pilot light, then the GEQ…) and I'm going to treat it to a full resto as a 44th birthday present.

My first question for any UK folks, now that John Kelly has retired, who's the go-to for this type of work on vintage amps? (He serviced my C+ the week before retiring, I wish I brought him both amps!)

My second question is about getting parts for an old amp. For example, the tech I spoke to said the shorter toggle switches that Boogie used back in the day aren't necessarily available any more; without being a fetishist, I want to keep the amp as close to stock as possible, kind of how you'd treat a restoration on a classic car.

I understand some things won't be available new any more…but I wanted to get a sense from the Board of what it's like trying to get new bits for an old amp.

The todo list:

- Pilot light
- Front panel switches
- FX loop mod removal
- Fix GEQ
- Fix reverb
- Replace old pots
- Replace old caps
- New tubes
- Clean

Attached a few photos for fun…it's definitely time to give the amp some TLC :)

file

file

file

file

Have you tried contacting Mesa support? They should be able to inform you of part numbers and availability.

I can’t see the pictures of the amp. Though by the sounds of the amp there isn’t a lot left of it. I suppose contacting Mesa is a fairly logical choice for parts though they might be more expensive.

What about John Kelly, does he have stock of Boogie parts?
Maybe he might take on your amp if you weren’t time conscious about it?

Good luck with the Restoration.

Regards

Mark

Back