50 Caliber+ (2x6L6) - Circuit Board Wanted

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have a (2x6L6) 50 Caliber+ in my workshop for repairs and unfortunately it is in very poor condition.
The PCB is conductive in one section and is also in poor condition generally, with some dodgy mods added in and it is not really worth the cost, or the risk of future failures, to try and repair it, as it is.

The only good way to get this amp to work well and sound good is to do a complete rebuild/new build, by replacing the ruined PCB with either, a good quality PCB (not genuine Boogie), or a turret or eyelet board.
It need not be a 50 Caliber replica, but the owner wants it to be a Mesa Boogie sounding amp; not something else in the Mesa box.
Maybe a board for a MkIIB or IIC+, as long as it will fit the 50 Caliber chassis.
I haven't seen any Mesa style circuit boards for sale and I am hoping you blokes will be able to give me leads/links to available circuit boards, so I don't have to make one to suit. No sense in trying to re-invent the wheel, if one is already available.

Thanks for any help.
Cheers, Noel

You can read more here https://www.military.com/equipment/50-caliber-round.

No, I haven't called Mesa Boogie.

The reason is that I don't like the flexi PCB or the flimsy plastic standoffs, or the preamp valves mounted to the PCB.
It just doesn't feel strong enough and the reliability is questionable, especially after seeing the repairs that had been done to try and rectify faults that have occurred, including overheating resistor scorching the board and making it conductive.

My aim was to use a better quality PCB, if I could find someone who made one, or make a turret board and rebuild it that way.
The owner has decided to wait and see if we can find something already available to replicate the Mesa Boogie sound, as I said in my first post.
I have had very little response from any amp forums, which lead me to The Boogie Board.
So far, all I've had, from any amp forum, is suggestions to call Mesa Boogie.

I really like the Mesa Boogie sound (being a former Boogie owner) and I think they make some great sounding amps, but I'm not really that impressed with the build quality of this amp and I don't see any point in sending the owner down the same path that he has already been down.
Hopefully there is a Tech out there, who has made a suitable Boogie replacement PCB, Turret Board, or Eyelet Board.
If not, I will make one and rebuild this amp.

Thanks for your interest anyway.

Thanks for the link JD,
But those PCBs will cost more than Au$300 by the time they reach Australia.
Do you know anything about the seller or the quality of the boards?
It is a lot of money to send to the Ukraine, to an unknown seller, for unknown PCBs.

Back