• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toThe Boogie Board and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

FS: QUAD PREAMP WITH 2C+ MODS & REVERB MOD

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stav92

Reaction score
Mesa Boogie Quad Preamp (modded) for sale! ONE OF A KIND with 2c+ Mods and killer upgrades.
2 Rhythm/Clean channels and 2 Fire Breathing Lead channels!!

This has been modded to 2c+ specs. Big improvement over the stock sound. HUGE sounding preamp. Was one my favourite preamp for about 6 years !! Selling because I'm mostly using a Friedman BE 100 / axe fx 2 nowadays. This Preamp gives THE ULTIMATE Petucci / Dream Theatre and Metallica tone . Its so tight yet chunky as well with the most beautiful sparkly clean channel.

Mods in detail:
- Re-voiced Lead 1 channel (2c+ specs)
- Slightly reduced gain for Lead 2 with balanced volume between channels (Original Mesa Quad preamps all have a big volume drop in channel 2 due to a factory error/mistake)
- Disconnected Reverb Circuit with Removed Reverb tank / tube for less compression & mud.
(The Outer right 'Reverb Driver' tube has been removed to prevent any signal going to the reverb)
- Disconnect Recording out circuit for more open tone (Stock recording out jacks 'Load Down' the main outputs hence cause tone suck).
- Full servicing and had all pots / jacks cleaned, the preamp has been fully tested by John Kelly in London. John Kelly was the Official authorised Mesa Repair centre for the UK for 20 years.

Check my youtube video for a Comparison / Demo of my various preamps.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8trKdy8EAY

Doesn't come with the FU2a footswitch . I have always used my midi switching system and voodoo labs GCX switcher to change channels via the rear channel jacks .

For any more info please contact me . £650 + £20 shipping

Hey I’m interested in purchasing the Mesa quad amp! Is it still for sale?

Back