Hi, everyone, I've just bought Studio Caliber

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rev_

Reaction score
Hi, everyone, I've just bought Studio Caliber. Its my first Mesa. Its 22w, playable at home, well build, campact and has very good clean.
Separate controls for channels,without additional EQ. No "DC-2 "
But this is first time I see drive chanel has santana sound even with stratocaster. Without tone pot turned down on guitar. I have treble and presence all way up and still there is no too much treble. Ive tried ( new ) another el84 and 12ax7 v1-3 and for me its still not enough treble.
Bass pots are also almost all way up when combo is not on the floor. Theres always more bass when combo stands on the floor.
Is it normal ? Is it Mesa drive -midrange ( driven strat sounds like gibson ) ? Or theres something wrong with my mesa ? I play mostly blues rock, mayby Caliber Studio is not for me ? Dont get me wrong I like Santana, Moore, Haynes sound. But what about SRV sound . Only with TS ?
I play at home with OutPut level on 2

greetings
Michal

Hi , no one replayed me so I read all internet . Also some information in this forum. Ive just changed PreTone Stack and cut several capacitors .
Now I have treble and I think it will be all right. If anyone is interested I can send jpg with changes because i dont know how to send it in this topic

greetings
Michal

Hi Michal. I'm sorry I missed this! I like the Studio Caliber .22 and .22+ amps. They're light, loud and easy to use. I've kinda moved on with a Mark Five:25, but still like the sound of these older amps. The lead drive is preset all the way up on these amps and the lead master is preset on the non + version. Which one do you have?

I'd love to see the jpg of those mods and could share them here.

And, yes- amps have more bass when placed on the floor than when raised up. I'm a fan of getting my amps up off the floor, though other players prefer them on the floor.

Latest posts

Back