DC-2

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leeboy71

Reaction score
Just picked up my first Mesa combo yesterday. I have owned a Dual Rectifier in the past but no longer play anywhere I need that kind of firepower. This amp is fantastic I was looking for a Fender Deluxe but found this amp that has a fantastic clean channel plus the benefit of a dirty channel. Already planning to do the effects loop mod for a series loop and trying the PI tube swap. Any suggestions for other mods to the lead channel? I hear the blanket over the amp that I have read about on the lead channel. But otherwise I love it this thing looks brand new it is an earlier model without the contour and has all new groove tube 12AX7s and Sovetek EL84s so I may stick some JJ 84’s in there.

Ok lead channel is useless. Tried 12at7 and 5751 and large number of varying eq combinations and the lead channel just sucks. I wish there was a way to mod it to have 2 clean channels. For it to be so full and open sounding on the clean I can’t figure out for the life of me how the lead channel sounds so choked. Well I guess I’ll just have to get my dirt from pedals.

When I had a DC-3, there was a resistor or cap that I removed from the lead channel that really opened up the lead tone. I can't remember the details and don't know if the DC-2 is similar. You can probably search for it on this forum.

Back