Rackmount chassis for DC3

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gerax

Reaction score
Any idea where to find them?
Contact Mesa directly?

I have 2 DC3s, I'm thinking of a crazy idea of rackmounting them together with the rest of my rack stuff (Triaxis, GCX, System Mix Plus, Lexicons and Eventides) and use them as separate preamps and as a stereo power amp...

Just an idea...it all starts with the rack chassis.

Thanx

It's a great idea! I'm in the rackmount camp as well. I even had a JCM800 2204 built in a 17" chassis so I could put it in a Mesa rackmount frame.

As for your DC-3, I'm not familiar with the chassis size. Measure it, and if it's 17" wide, it'll fit in a Mesa rackmount frame. The place to find them is here:

https://store.mesaboogie.com/categories/shop/hardware/rackmount-kits.html

My guess would be that the DC-3, if it fits, would take the slant front frame. It's always a safe bet to check with Mesa directly though.

Hey riggles!

Thanx for the reply, I actually already saw that page you linked and asked Mesa support about the adaptability of the DC3 head (I took the chassis off the combo) to one of their rackmount sets, but haven’t got any answer so far...
I guess the width should fit, what I’d like to have answers on is the screws and holes to lock the amp to the rackmount...

Gerax said:
Hey riggles!

Thanx for the reply, I actually already saw that page you linked and asked Mesa support about the adaptability of the DC3 head (I took the chassis off the combo) to one of their rackmount sets, but haven’t got any answer so far...
I guess the width should fit, what I’d like to have answers on is the screws and holes to lock the amp to the rackmount...
Gotcha. Hopefully they respond soon with all the relevant info. I ordered two frames from them a couple months back. They come with the mounting screws. So you should be able to use the screws they include, or the screws used to attach your current chassis to it's cabinet. The holes should match up, as it's top-mounted already.

Back