Mark IV rack mount with Eclipse in loop

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sorbz62

Reaction score
Does everybody else keep changing their rigs??? It's a religion!

I just got in a band and used my Mesa MK4 combo but OMG it weighed a ton, so I have just rack mounted it. I now want to put my Eclipse in the loop .... using a Switchblade 8F to enable me to use either mono or W/D/W with a Matrix power amp. I want to be mono for the gigs and W/D/W at home.

Now, I have a couple of questions for you:

1. Would you switch the Mesa loop to parallel and set the Eclipse to 100% wet for both mono and W/D/W? That way it would be wet only in the wet cabs when W/D/W??? What doe she Mark IV do better?

2. Is there a way to change the Eclipse from mono to stereo in/out per preset, so I don't have to mess with it when changing from mono?

3. What level is the Mesa loop? I know it is fed from the channel masters but would it be nearer +4 or -10dB?

Cheers in advance,
Jim

Sorbz62 said:
Does everybody else keep changing their rigs??? It's a religion!

Now, I have a couple of questions for you:

1. Would you switch the Mesa loop to parallel and set the Eclipse to 100% wet for both mono and W/D/W? That way it would be wet only in the wet cabs when W/D/W??? What doe she Mark IV do better?

3. What level is the Mesa loop? I know it is fed from the channel masters but would it be nearer +4 or -10dB?

Cheers in advance,
Jim

Howdy.

My rig is under construction all the time :lol: people around me just doesn’t get it..

In my opinion the serial loop has always worked better compared to parallel. The parallel somehow have sucked every time I’ve had an amp with such a loop. If you want parallel I’d suggest obtaining a small mixer where you could control the mix and tone with more precision then with parallel loop. And Mesa’s serial loop has delivered best results of the amps I’ve tried (I’ve had too many already)

Loop is closer to +4dB level.

Eevil said:
Howdy.

My rig is under construction all the time :lol: people around me just doesn’t get it..

In my opinion the serial loop has always worked better compared to parallel. The parallel somehow have sucked every time I’ve had an amp with such a loop. If you want parallel I’d suggest obtaining a small mixer where you could control the mix and tone with more precision then with parallel loop. And Mesa’s serial loop has delivered best results of the amps I’ve tried (I’ve had too many already)

Loop is closer to +4dB level.

Actually, I am a bit of a dick! My Mark 4 can't switch between parallel and serial ...but I can still use the SB8F to keep the direct signal and still have the Eclipse in kill-dry mode. I'll experiment with that.

Cheers,
Jim

Back