NGD 1983 Mesa MK IIC Coliseum

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

glowe

Reaction score
Hello ,
Just grabbed this barn find, , I believe is a 1983 MK IIC Coliseum - SN# K36X - No EQ- Limiter Control on Rear Panel ,
Can any of the MB experts on these amps help me with some answers on these ? Mucho Appreciated !!

Which of the input jacks on the inner chassis are for what designation? I believe one would be for EQ ( but amp has no EQ , maybe it is for something else ?) and the other for Reverb On/Off ?

Also ,, Amp functions to spec ,, except the Lead Master Control Volume knob does not do anything ,, it is on a fixed setting , Does not lower or increase volume in Lead Mode, the "Pull Bright" function does work , but no volume taper . I'm assuming a issue ?

I''ve noticed Volume 1 affects the amount of Gain on the Lead Channel ,, When I first got the amp this was set on about 3 and Lead Mode had no gain , at first I thought there was a issue with the amp ,as soon as I started turning this knob to 8-9 then it sounded great ,,, as i have owned a few Mark 3's and a Mark 4 in the past , I did not recall this Vol 1 affecting the Lead Channel gain on my other Marks ,,

Thanks again , I've been out of the Boogie game for 10 years , Just need to know if I'm missing anything on these older amps or if there is issues with with it !
Cheers all

Also ,, to add to all this , It seems the effects loop is Parallel , not Series ? , I put a delay in the loop , it sounded like when you run a delay in front of the amp ,Is the loop wired before the preamp section ? Are others modding the loop ? , cuz it is not great
Thx again

Perhaps this may be helpful to answering some of the questions.

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/525236/Mesa-Boogie-Mark-Ii-C.html

The loop in the IIC was not a great implementation... it was made usable with the "+" changes.

Hey there,

Nice find!! I also highly recommend sending it to Mesa for service.

I've got a FB group for Coli owners. Feel free to join us & put your questions up there. :)

https://www.facebook.com/groups/541836403508428

Latest posts

Back