Mark III Coli Blue Stripe Upgrade

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beer

Reaction score
Hey Kids,

I currently have a work order open to add an EQ to my blue stripe MKIII Coli. I was contemplating another mod while it is in there....either the 3+ or 3++

Thoughts or opinions on which one I should do?

Thanks,
Dave

I had Mike B do the + and R/2 mods to my Blue Stripe Coli. The + mod will smooth the amp out and make the Presence knob more usable.

Thank You for the reply. I think I will do the same. Did you like the results?

So they have the parts to retrofit the EQ into at least a widebody head? Interesting....

xdg999 said:
Yep. It's a monster amp. The only amp that tops it is my c+ Simul Coli.

Agree....I have K500 as well. Mike B confirmed it's the first one made and was originally owned by Terry Haggerty (The webpage serial numbers are incorrect). Something about these things that just sound unbelievable.

woodbutcher65 said:
So they have the parts to retrofit the EQ into at least a widebody head? Interesting....

They do and the amp is on it's way to Cali! I guess the only faceplates they have left have a bit of a "fuzzy" print but all good IMO. I waited like 6 months to be able to send it in. The amp looks barley used and I just scored it on reverb less than a year ago for cheap money. Cheap money IMO based on what MKIII heads are going for now a days.

I have Sylvania 415's, 416's and Mesa 7025 Chinese 12ax7's in my 3+ Coli. It doesn't get any better than that. Except maybe when I use the Coli to drive one 4x12 and slave it into my Strategy 400 to drive two more 4x12's. The Strategy is also loaded with 415's. 12 of them!

I had a long head loaded blue stripe for a while. Meanest, most aggressive amp I've ever owned. Sounded in-freaking-credible even at the lowest volumes. I wish I'd been able to keep it but I bought it to flip it for a profit and could not have at the time afforded to keep it for myself. And I did make a nice profit on it.

Back