What series EL34 and 6L6 Mesa Tubes should I get for my Mark III red stripe?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

no.mids.brando

Reaction score
So I was looking to replace the tubes in my Mark III with Mesa branded and on the Mesa website there are a few different series’ of 6L6 and el34s. Str440, str441, str442 and so on. Mesa has a few amps in the description that are meant for each series but for some reason the Mark III isn’t listed on any. I’m guessing cause it’s pretty old. Does anyone know what series el34 and 6l6 I should get? Thanks in advance ✌🏽Here’s the link to the Mesa tubes. https://store.mesaboogie.com/categories/shop/tubes/power-tubes.html.

Personally my favorite are the JJ STR445s. Whatever 6L6 you get, you'll want "grey" for the middle pair & "yellow" for the outer pair if you like hotter running tubes. If you prefer EL34 in the outer pair, then "grey".

Str440 doesnt fit all the way in in my mark3. THE PINS STICK OUT 1/2". IM NOT THE ONLY ONE WITH THIS.
I dont know about 441,443
I sent a message to MB.

I have seen some really "cockeyed" pins in the STR 440 tubes in years past. If it is bad enough, you could have that problem.

Back