Mark III R2 gain mod

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HelpingFriendly

Reaction score
I searched everywhere on here but had no luck. Im interested in slightly lowering the gain on R2 in my purple stripe. I already have the R2 volume mod. I have my R3 channel dialed in fairly low so I need more separation between R2 and R3. If I could lower the actual gain in R2 that would be awesome.

Where do you have your Volume and Treble set? These controls will have an affect on the gain in all channels. You may have to adjust them and compensate elsewhere, e.g. Presence and GEQ if you have it.

skelt101 said:
Where do you have your Volume and Treble set? These controls will have an affect on the gain in all channels. You may have to adjust them and compensate elsewhere, e.g. Presence and GEQ if you have it.
Well I play clean 75% of the time so I would definitely have the best R1 sound dialed in as priority. Would prefer just to lower the R2 gain via mod. Nothing crazy, just want to lower some of the grit so the Lead ch is further away. As is there is not much difference between R2 and Lead. Im not a high gain player so I have the Lead ch gain at like 4. Also the GEQ is only in use on the Lead channel. This is how I'm dialed in and don't want to change it. I would send it to Mike B but I just got the amp back from him. He did some mods already and the amp sounds incredible now. If I can just lower the gain structure on R2 I will have a perfect amp lol

I'd also like to have a gain control on R2 along with the volume mod.

@HelpingFriendly
Something to try that may help (if you haven't already):

When in R2 pull the shift on the bass control. The added
fullness in the low mids seems to smooth out the top end,
which gives the allusion of lowering the gain - to my ears.

I don't use R2 any other way now.

Back