MK2 Cascode

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tomasana

Reaction score
Hi there,
back in the 80's, a friend of mine had a Boogie MK2 model with a cascode overdrive design. I wonder, why there are no schematics and no infos arround the net. This model seems to be very rare.

Hi
Do you mean Cascading overdrive?
All Boogies,(Except for the very very 1st "Princeton" modded Fenders) have a cascading gain for the ovedrive channel and there is tons of info to be found about Boogie Mark II's all over the web?

MK IIB said:
Hi
All Boogies,(Except for the very very 1st "Princeton" modded Fenders) have a cascading gain for the ovedrive channel and there is tons of info to be found about Boogie Mark II's all over the web?

Mesa used cascode gain stages in some MKIIBs as well.

I mean, the last 2 gain stages of the overdrive are in a cascode design. Back then, i draw a schematic of the amp and i made some photos. May be, i find them, but - am i alowed to post them here? However - i wonder if i'm the only guy, who knows about this.

Don said:
MK IIB said:
Hi

Mesa used cascode gain stages in some MKIIBs as well.

I thought the OP was talking about the cascading gain in the preamp for the overdrive in which case all Mark IIB's use cascading gain to acheive the overdrive.

Latest posts

Back