This is being advertised on CL as an Original MK I

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CRobbins

Reaction score
https://ventura.craigslist.org/msg/d/ojai-original-mesa-boogie-mark1/7198179774.html

MK II ?

P2USs2M.jpg

HfX4Q5Q.jpg

I've been in contact with the seller. He now realizes its not a MKI. We need some help IDing this amp.
Here are some pics he sent me.
Thank you.

48FSHes.jpg

bt9CRuo.jpg

p2DI36u.jpg

m5HX9Qm.jpg

ywb70kc.jpg

8atd9TE.jpg

It's probably a IIc. It has Pull Deep on the faceplate but it doesn't look like a plus over the power cord. My upgraded HR c+ has Pull Deep. Only way to know for sure is the serial number and loop test.

Here's what the seller says.

" What I see on the black panel on the back under the reverb knob is # 4.211.893

Left to right there is a :

pull bright - pull shift - pull shift - (middle control) - pull deep - pull lead - pull bright
"

The number you want (the serial number) is right below the word "speakers"

It's stamped and can be hard to see unless up close with good lighting

Yep I think xdg999 has it right... should be a late production model IIC HR, like mine :) a 100/60W with reverb. They used that "Pull Deep" faceplate even though it's not a "+".

xdg999 said:
I have a Mark IIc at Mesa waiting for service and the c+ upgrade. This one has Gain Boost on the faceplate.

Nice...

Is that an HR? or a non GEQ model? Always been curious in when the IICs started getting the "Pull Deep" faceplates. Ordered mine in 10-1983 SN 119xx

It's another HR. My HR upgrade with the Pull Deep faceplate is serial number 1186x. The HR at Mesa with the Gain Boost faceplate is serial number 1113x.

xdg999 said:
It's another HR. My HR upgrade with the Pull Deep faceplate is serial number 1186x. The HR at Mesa with the Gain Boost faceplate is serial number 1113x.

Well that makes sense then. Having anything else done to the HR beside the "+"?

The HR is just getting serviced and the upgrade. I have an upgraded HRG c+ on the way to Mesa for service and the switchable ++ mod. Can't wait to get that one back.

Back