Mesa Mark IIC+ (2 channel testing)

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nikevist1

Reaction score
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3WcSQJeru4

Testing a second channel. Drums and bass included. Did this in my home studio.
Guitar: Gibson LP Traditional (EMG 57, 18v)
Cab: Bogner 4x12 V30/G12T75 x-pattern
Drums: DW ECO-X
Bass amp: Mesa M-Pulse 600+ Mesa 8x10
Guitar and bass cab mic: Shure SM57

I love your tone. Many people don't realize that the IIC+ is not inherently as scooped (even with a "deep V") as we hear on MOP/AJFA (a lot of that is EQ'ing happening beyond the onboard Mesa 5-band). That being said, you really found a sweet spot.

Your tone makes me nostalgic for some of my favorite early 90's rock tones. Normally I praise the IIC+ for its lead tones (my favorite ever), and think a lot of people who get them for rhythm don't really know how to dial in a tone that is unique to the amp. I think you did, though.

Thank you very much for your feedback, I appreciate it a lot.
Absolutely, this thing isn't as scooped as you might think when it comes to the scooped mids. Though the main thing is the cab. I have tested almost every 4x12 that there is and imo Bogner is the best one with the IIC+. Bogner is the most raw, no boxy and the most open one when it comes to the sound and the behavior of the best sound (leads+rhythm) regarding the IIC+ character. That's for sure imo. Of course then there is external EQ´s.
I like to use MXR M108 for getting that MOP tone and get that extra Metallica scooped sounds which is fabulous killer sound, as we all know 8)

Latest posts

Back