Mark III Speaker/Cabinet Recommendations

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skelt101

Reaction score
Hi folks,
I have a MkIII Blue Stripe EVM combo that I plan to get modded (++) and converted to a head. I was hoping to get some advice on a 2x12 cabinet to pair the head with. (Don't really have the space or need for a 4x12, and I'm not too keen on a pair of 1x12s.) So far, the contenders are:
-Mesa/Boogie Recto Compact, maybe Vertical (regular Recto seems too focused on bass to me...)
-Marshall 1936V
-MojoTone Twin Canyon loaded with EVM12L and MS-12 (if I can find one), EVM12L and V30, 2x V30, V30 and G12H-75 Creamback, other...?
FWIW, I'm a rhythm player, and this setup would be primarily for heavier rock/metal. Hetfield Black Album and later tones are a big influence. For anything less intense, I have a Vox AC30. Thanks in advance for your help!

I was about to ask the same question. I will ad a torpedo and then from the logic i might test some others speakers and maybe i can figure out what speakers fit better to my ears.

Latest posts

Back