F30 output problem

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DrDuck

Reaction score
Hi, I’m brand new to this forum, actually my first visit to any forum. I’m 60 and not very up to speed with any of this. I recently bought an F30 that I love. My very first valve amp to own or play through. Amazing! I’d noticed the occasional pop from it but paid no attention. Tonight it popped and then shortly after sounded like the speaker was torn. I was playing at home, low volume. I turned the speaker off and plugged in some head phones, same problem. Speaker is good. If I strum or pick lightly it’s good but when playing normally the sound breaks up and distorts as if being overloaded. Also, when this is happening one of the power valves Fades as the sound distorts. I changed both power valves out twice, same. I checked all the valves by tapping them, no noticeable problems there. I had a 12AX7 there so I went through the pre amp valves starting with the one nearest the input socket, same. It took me 40 years to get this little beauty and only a couple of weeks to end up in a pickle. Gutted. I realise it could be just a valve problem but here in Ireland I’m a good distance away from anybody that can help. Then I found the Boogie Board. I would be very grateful for any help and advice available. Many thanks.

Thanks for the reply Don. I went through all the possibilities and it’s looking like I need a recap job doing. The amp is 15 years old so it’s about time. From what I’ve read it’s something that I need to have done regardless. Thanks again.

Latest posts

Back