First Timer

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I LOVE my F-100 head. I don’t find it has a lot of versatility, but the sounds it has are glorious! When I worked in a recording studio for 10 years, it was one of our most used amps. Just a big, fat, mondo rock tone. Clean channel is great too. I have a lot of other amps these days, but none of them do F-100 does. It’s a keeper. The only other amp I have owned longer is my Rivera R55.

hk5AU4Y.jpg

I have only used the 1x12s you see in the picture for my personal playing and recording. One is an old open back Lonestar 1x12 with a Blackshadow C90. The other little red one is a Vintage 30. They sound great together.

At the studio we used a Rectifier 4x12 cabinet frequently, but we also had a 2x12 and 1x12 for variation. Huge barely defines it when using the 4x12. We used it 95% of the time over the Rectifier head we had too. The F-100 records so effortlessly.

There is a pretty noticeable difference in ‘hugeness’ when the power switch on the F-100 is flipped from 100 Watts to 60 Watts too. Once I heard that, I couldn’t do the F-50 :mrgreen:

Sorry for the delayed response, I've literally spent the last week in a cabin in the woods with no wifi.
I find the F50 combo to be incredibly versatile. On the clean channel it's a better version of the Fender Deluxe Reverb , and it breathes fire on the drive channel. The headphone/silent record switch is a handy feature too...or at least my wife and kids think so.

Back