F-30 loud white noise/static while using effect loop

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scout_genesis

Reaction score
I just configured my pedal board so the mod pedals (delay, chorus, volume pedal) run in the effect loop of my F-30 (4 cable method). After hooking it up for the first time, I'm getting a unacceptable amount of white noise from the amp, that sounds like FM radio static. When I bypass (unplug) the loop, the noise goes away. When I ran the same pedals in front of the amp input it was relatively quiet. I'm using the same settings on the amp as before. I also ran the same pedal configuration in my Mesa TA-30 and I don't get the noise. Any idea what's going on or how to fix this?

Here’s some further info on my tests. Swapping out each of the preamp tubes with another tube didn’t solve the problem. The noise is there when I run a single cable in the loop with no pedals, so it’s amp-related and not a result of the pedals that I was using. As soon as I break the circuit in the effect loop the noise stops. Also, when on the clean channel the amount of noise decreases slightly when I turn the volume all the way up on the other channel.

I tried a few different things last night and the problem was intermittent. I swapped out all the tubes and the noise issue is remedied so far. If it's not tube related I'll address the issue with a technician

Latest posts

Back