2 Channel Triple - Loss of Gain

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Olmec666

Reaction score
Hi,

Ive got a Rev G Triple that recently came into a weird issue. When turning up the gain pot on either the red/orange, the gain will increase until noon and drop off after. The same on both channels. I started poking around and the only thing I could really find was (what I beleive to be) a trebble bleed cap at C12 is open, but I cant image that would cause the drop in gain. I cleaned all the pots with no change. I dont really understand the nature of signal flow and how the gain pots interact with that. I understand schematics and can follow them, but there arent any good repair shops around me and hoping someone has run into this before. Also, I have no idea how to check the LCR's to see if one of the 2 dozen are giving issues. Thanks for any help!

Have you tried changing preamp tubes yet? This is safe to do. Putting in a known good preamp tube at each position and testing to see if the problem stays or disappears would rule out a preamp tube issue. It's dangerous inside and not a user serviceable area. If you don't know what you're doing in the chassis don't mess with anything in there -- you're better off taking it to a tech.

Back