Damage from Chassis Removal?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zejediahs

Reaction score
I’m having trouble with a dual rectifier, I simply wanted to remove the chassis from the housing to find out If I had a special revision. All I did was remove the retaining screws from underneath the housing, slid the chassis out, gently tipped it on its side, took some photos and put the chassis back in the housing. I was very cautious and gentle the whole time, and never would have imagined anything detrimental would’ve happened as a result of the way I went about this process. Now for some reason I can’t get any sound come out of the amp. Has anybody experienced a similar issue? Does anybody have any idea what could have happened? Thanks in advance for your help and advice.

Assuming you didn't accidentally disconnect or otherwise break anything off when putting it back in place, and that the amp is powered up with standby being off, I would go down the checklist and see if you missed something (no matter how silly these may seem):

1. Are all the tubes seated fully in place?
2. Did you plug everything in the same places as they were before?
3. Any knobs on the back of the DR get changed?
4. Did the fuse come loose?
5. Is the channel select switch on the rear of the amp set on, say Ch1, but you are turning gain/master knobs on Ch 2 or 3?
6. Is the Solo activated and turned up past the Output knob?
7. Any other changes to the amp, cabinet, etc that you might have made?

I hope it's only something simple and nothing more serious.

EDIT - Some ideas direct from Mesa:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSl-l9aWDHw

Latest posts

Back