NAD Pre-500 Rev C Dual Rectifier #41

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nitrobattery

Reaction score
Well, 2022 started off with a bang.

I've owned a LOT of Rectifiers over the years...and this thing is incredible. Super tight, aggressive, articulate and none of the Rectifier fizz in the top end. As you all know pre-500 Rectifiers have long been coveted as holy grail amps, and this is #41.

Here's to a loud new year.

rImYZ1.jpg

rImLUH.jpg

rI3Qz7.jpg

CONRATS!! onthe that badass mfer! i have the black and chrome#728 reviz.f modded to C, when i sent it in about 10yrs ago..also you should get a https://peperspedals.bigcartel.com/product/dirty-tree ... its the best boost i ever used with a d.r.!

fireonhigh said:
CONRATS!! onthe that badass mfer! i have the black and chrome#728 reviz.f modded to C, when i sent it in about 10yrs ago..also you should get a https://peperspedals.bigcartel.com/product/dirty-tree ... its the best boost i ever used with a d.r.!

So I keep hearing. I'll have to snag one at some point!

I haven't logged into this message board in years...But this post was worthy of a congrats! Welcome to the club! Used to enjoy your sound clips many years ago. Hope to hear something recorded with this beast someday.

Welcome to the club! I think I know how your #41 sounds. Your description is spot on. What kind of tubes do you use?

I own the following Dual Rectifier
Rev. C: #22, 30, 33, 77, 89, 236, and 242.
Rev. D 329 and 523
Rev. E 569
Rev. F 724, 789, 967 and a Rackmount 1038

Triple Rectifier:
Rev. F 1692 and 2877

I also have a Racktifier modded to Rev C sound.
Both Triple Rev. F sound like Rev C but a bit less tight. Overall I like the Rev C the most. They do not necessarily require a Tube Screamer to make them a bit brighter, they are just about right. With Channel cloning and Gain at 11 o'clock, you don't need any pedal ... a neutral boost could be an addition.

Long time Boogie Board fan here, about 2006. Never post haha. but i have to say congrats man awesome acquisition!

Latest posts

Back