Dual Rec Multi Watt Loop Mod Question

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mycall1983

Reaction score
Will the mod give me more punch? Like the same as it feels/sounds when the loop is off? Also I feel like I’m maybe getting phasing issues my chorus and rotovibe.

Is it definitely a Multi Watt? The Multi Watts came stock with a serial effects loop. Shouldn't be any weird phasing. I know the parrallel effects loop do have issues, which are on the older 3-channel dual.

Howdy.

I’ve no experience in Multiwatts - only extensive experience with Roadster (kind of prelude to Multiwatt :mrgreen: )

The loop will sacrifice some tone always but optimising the gain levels helps a bit. In my experience channel volumes should be between 9-12 o’clock in drive channels and lot higher in clean mode.

Master volume needs to be a bit higher when using modern mode and fx-loop (at least in the Roadster) otherwise there will be audible bleed of dry signal - which goes away when master is opened a bit.

At least I’ve found the fx loop to be actually very good and transparent compared to many other offerings - it still has some quirks..

But these are my experiences with similar amp - not same amp 8)

Back