Tremoverb Fx loop recommendations

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aselix68

Reaction score
I've got a late 90's tremoverb head, great amp...having an issue with the FX loop. Running pedals I have to crank the send and levels, and it gets kinda phasey for some reason, but I guess maybe that's because they aren't line level?

What's the best way to run the FX loop? Seems I should adjust the send level to the FX to get a hot enough signal, and then set the FX to 100% wet, then adjust the blend to taste?

So with the loop active master now controlling the overall volume, the individual channel masters act as the blend for each channel's effect level? It's a bit confusing but I'm sure it works well once you set it up right?

The manual gives a detailed explanation on how to use the loop and everything else.

It is designed for line level. Other effects are better used in front of the amp.

It's a parallel loop. The phasey sound is the direct sound being mixed with signal that went though the trip out to your pedals and back. This is the same complaint with lots of Rectos from that time period I'll be modding the loop in mine when the amp arrives.

I can't find a Tremoverb mod video but here's a couple of examples of how it might go in your amp:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JPqLL2SpQs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kMamfOLRmE

As others have said, this is just how the loop was designed: for rack effects units that output a totally WET signal, with out any of the original sound. Most pedals output both the effected sound and the dry sound, which results in phase issues with the original sound present in a parallel loop.

Changing the loop to a serial loop fixes this, but there's still an issue of the high signal level of the effects loop. Most pedals are instrument level, not line level.

Latest posts

Back