Distortion issue.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

filmdude48

Reaction score
I have a mini rec that I have been practicing with. Currently it's the only Mesa amp that I own because it's all that I can afford. I have the volume turned all the way down to 0, because I have a roommate that rarely leaves the house (retiree who spends all day on the couch watching TV) and I don't want to piss him off or disturb him. Even with it set at 0 I can still hear it coming through my cab enough to practice it at a low volume. This morning he did leave, and I wanted to hear my amp cranked and hear that classic famous rectifier sound. Well, when I cranked the volume, it's almost like I had no distortion at all. When it's at 0, I can hear distortion, when I turned it up, it's like it lost it's distortion. I even messed around with the settings and followed some of the suggestions that I saw in videos on how to make it sound good. What am I doing wrong? Is it because I am just using the set distortion on the amp and would be better off getting an OD/TS pedal? Can someone on here help me out and give me suggestions on how to set it? I started a band and we are wanting to play djent/technical death metal/neo-classical/jazz fusion metal/prog/power metal. As it is, I might just have to use my Boss Katana with a Triple Rec/Mark V program that I downloaded for it to sound like those amps for my bands practices.

Back