Mini Rec 25 question

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

filmdude48

Reaction score
Couple of questions. Can anyone on here who owns a mini rec 25 give me some tips on what I can do to make it sound more like it's bigger brothers? Also, on a related note, I also have the vertical 2x12. Would 2 1x12's give me the same sound? I like the way it sounds, but aesthetically, I love the look of a mini full stack, which the 2 1x12's can provide, unless you know of another company that makes a straight vertical 2x12 that is the same dimensions of the vertical 2x12 slant that I can put below it to give it that full stack look. Any advise would be helpful thanks. Oh, btw, eventually, I want to buy a dual or a triple rec, but financially it's not in my budget to do so right now, so please don't make the suggestion to just go out and buy the bigger ones, which is why I want to know what tricks I can do to make the mini rec sound like one of them. Thank you!

I recently bought a second Mini Recto cabinet to go with the original 1x12 that I bought with my ROV25. While aesthetically pleasing, I've also hooked it up to a Mesa 2x12 Recto horizontal cab which had a noticeable increase in low end thunk and punch.

Because I'm in a townhouse, I typically only run one of the cabs with an attenuator. There's no way that I would be able to run a larger two speaker or 4 speaker cab in my place and get away with it.

I know this is an old thread but I wanted to weigh in. I was not a fan of the Mesa 1x12 or vertical 2x12. It made me think the amps I ran through them were not very good with low mid thump. I ended up buying a Randal Thrasher ported 4x12 with V30 and a Mesa 4x12 Slanted. It was a whole new world and all of my amps sound so huge. I know a 4x12 isn't space or size appropriate for everyone but in my opinion its what you need if you crave the biggest sound.

Back