Cleaning Mesa 1x12 Slant Cab Grill Cloth

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Man With An Axe

Reaction score
Hi All,

Brand new to the boogie board--please let me know if I'm posting in the wrong forum.

I have a 1x12 slant Mesa Rectifier cab, and some baby formula got spilled on it (may or may not have been a very tiny child running around :lol: ) I was able to get most of the milk off at the time, but it looks like some got onto the amp cab and it's stained there good. Tolex is fine, though.

It still functions fine, and luckily it doesn't smell but how do I get this stain off to restore the grill cloth to its former glory? Any advice would be great as I have no clue what I'm doing and don't want to break anything.

Have you tried using something like a Lysol or Colorox wipe? I've used those with my Mesa 1x12 to clean dust and dirt off of them. You can press fairly hard on the grill without too much concern.

You might also try filling a clean spray bottle with regular Dawn soap about 1/2" inch and/or another 1/2" with vinegar, and the rest with water. Shake it up real good, then spray it on the area after letting it sit for a few seconds and wipe it with either a sponge or a microfiber rag. I wouldn't use paper towels because they would probably leave little bits of them behind.

This would be best if you could remove the grille first, but all you can do is try your best.

Back