Combo to head conversion

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi - Im currently chatting to Zilla about building me a head shell to fit the chassis of my Rectoverb 50.
I currently rehearse in a place where I dont need to take a cab. For bigger gigs I would take the head and 2x12/4x12 and for smaller gigs I would put the chassis back in to the combo to use the 1x12 in it OR keep as a head and 1x12 cab to split the weight.

I have a few questions before I pull the trigger though.

1. Can I run the Recto head without the reverb tank connected without any issues?

2. When the chassis is installed in a head shell, the reverb tank and speaker cable from the combo will be too short, is there an easy solution for this? Extension? Or will longer cables need installing?

If anyone has any input or experience with this I will be very greatful for the advice.
Cheers

Lee

OK so I have figured out my second question but just need to know if I can run the Rectoverb without the reverb tank connected, i dont want to harm anything or fry something!

The answer is different based on the specific amp model.
On the ones where the answer is YES (tank must be plugged in),
not doing so can harm a transformer.

I'd check direct with Mesa to be 100% sure.

Just in case there is a slim chance anyone else is wondering.... the reply from Mesa said that it is completely fine to run the Rectoverb 50 series 2 with the reverb tank disconnected.

So im all good to go!

Back