Volume drops on Mini Rectifier in 10W mode

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

edkaye

Reaction score
I've seen a couple of old threads on people who have had this issue, but none where someone said if they managed to get theirs fixed.

I have the issue on my early model with a serial number below 150. The 25W mode runs fine, but there's an intermittent issue with volume drop outs on the 10W mode (mostly on channel 2). It will be fine for a while, then audio will begin sputtering a bit, then cut out to a whisper. There's some weird quirks that will trigger it, like switching on the fx loop, even if there's no cable in the loop. Sometimes it will just do it with the loop off too. When you switch to standby, the audio comes back for a half second, because standby mode kicks in.

I've taken it to a local tech, who has done a bunch of stuff, but it's still happening. He reached out to Mesa and they won't help, they just tell him to take it to an authorized tech. The nearest one is 2000 km across Canada. I've also thrown in new power tubes, and tried rolling tubes in the preamp section, but to no avail.

I'm going a bit mental here. I was planning to sell this amp to fund a new multiwatt Dual Rectifier that I just bought. I got the mini used last year and the guy never disclosed the issue. I've only been playing in 25W mode, so never noticed. Now I'm in the position of throwing away money on an amp I'm not keeping.

Latest posts

Back