Rect-o-verb 25 combo cutting out

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shoemocker

Reaction score
Hello, long time Mesa user here, I have been gigging with a Rect-o-verb 25 watt combo for a few years. For about a year I have had an intermittent problem with it dropping in volume almost to the point of in-audible. The first time it happened the other night it came back on after a swift kick...the second time it didn't respond to the kick and I had to switch to another amp. I know this sounds like a tube problem but I have re-tubed it since it first started happening and that doesn't seem to be the remedy. Of course when I have it on the bench at home it runs fine. Anyone had a similar problem with their Rectifier?

Are you using the effects loop? Have you tried cleaning the effects loop jacks? They can sometimes cause this type of issue.

Run a plug in and out of them a few times while the contact cleaner is still wet.

Glad I found this. Noticed that after about 7-8 minutes of playing that the volume would go down by about 60% for a few seconds before returning to normal.

Pulled the effects loop cables, tightened the ends, used contact cleaner on the jacks. Turned the amp on for a few minutes without anything in the loop, during which the amp did not exhibit this behavior.

Shut it off, put the chain of EQ>chorus>delay pedals back in. I've now been pounding on the ROV25 for an hour with no indication of issues...

Latest posts

Back