Road King fx loop routing

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Papaseango

Reaction score
Hi, I have been searching the internet and this forum for a few hours now searching for a hints to get me in the right direction. I just bought a used Road King combo (I had a few rectos, an F100 and a Roadster in the past). All I want to do is add a chorus for my clean in one loop and a delay in the second loop for my lead. I am trying to read the manual as I go and visually follow the routing and knob turning. It has just become a bit frustrating and overwhelming.

Which effect is better for which loop and I am assuming the routing is just like two seperate loops. I tried delay in loop 1 Serial, and chorus in loop 2 Parallel. Out to return and send to in on each individual effect. Turn loop 1 or 2 on depending on the channel or completely off. I get low signal, no drive on any channel and then I turn the chorus pedal off and I get feedback, the gain returns as well as an oscillating delayed feedback.

I am trying to wrap my head around the levels for the parallel loop as well as why the routing is definitely off.

Any help would be greatly appreciated and thank you!

If either effect has a mix knob, it's the same as putting it in the parallel loop. Personally, I would put the chorus in 1 and delay in 2, but that's just preference.

I always used my foot switch to turn loops off and on, the switches on the back had to be in the off position in order to do that. Sorry I can't help more, I can try to recreate it tonight or tomorrow.

Bumping an older thread.

I'm having an issue with the FX loop on my Dual Rectifier Solo head. I run 3 pedals through the FX loop (TC Electronics Hall of Fame, Keeley Dyno My Roto, and MXR Carbon Copy Delay), and 3 direct between the guitar and amp (Overdrive, Keely Compressor, and Phase 90).

I'm having distortion/clipping problems with the Rotary pedal in the FX loop only. Running direct sounds normal. I'm fairly new to using the FX loop, so maybe some of these pedals I shouldn't be using in the loop. It seems like from my trial and error that overdrive, boost, phaser, flanger, and similar pedals that directly alter the signal sound better in front of the amp. Whereas pedals that add color such as reverb, chorus, delay, etc seem to sound better in the FX loop. Currently the Send knob is at 100% and the Mix knob is around 80%. I wanted to use the FX loop so I could get the cleanest uninterrupted signal from the guitar to the amp, but it seems some pedals don't agree with the FX loop. Is this the right way to thinking?

Back