Mesa tremoverb combo.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TazTurner777

Reaction score
Just got a mesa tremoverb combo. I dont like combos but it was $750. Of course I took the amp out and looked it over to see how the components looked and what revision it is. Its mother board has RR - E1. I had a revision F dual rec head before but this is my first tremoverb. It's so old mesa had no information on it. I thought all tremsvs were rev G. Anyone ever hear of a rev E1 tremoverb? Or am I missing something. Thank in advance Taz.
New member by the way.

http://oxyde.clan.free.fr/dualrectifier.htm

What's the serial number ?
I think I bought mine in October of 1993.....and over 3000. Production started in June of 1993. My understanding is revision F ended at 2500. Mine has the EIA-606 Schumacher transformer.

Mine has the E1 606 transformers also. I just didnt know if they were using rev E boards that they had left over or if they just didnt write the revision in marker anymore. My board is stamped RR E . My revision F dual rec head had 1992 rev F written in sharpie on the board. Getting rid of it was the biggest amp mistake I ever made.

The serial number is close to mine. I haven't had mine open in a decade. Now I'm curious what board is in mine.

I plan on changing out the capacitors on my Mark IV, Heartbreaker and Tremoverb later this year. I'll be looking then.

The Tremoverb has its own board and hence its own revision coding that doesn’t line up with the 2 channel solo heads. I believe all tremoverb are RR-1E. This board is very simalare to the solo head rev G.

I’ve owned 2 98 tverbs and there both are rr-1e

T

I just picked up a tverb combo with a serial 2733 or something like that. I haven't popped it open yet. Sounds great though...probably the best tverb I've had. I hope the ldrs and such have been updated. Sounds strong and everything on the front panel seems to work. Haven't messed with the back panel yet.

Just happened to pick up a Tremoverb. It’s an absolute beast! And a tank! Heavy MFers. Luckily has good casters on it.

- S/N R-0025XX
- fixed power cord
- serial loop
- 562105 EIA606-324 OT
- 561138 EIA606-322 PT
- green jewel
- big logo in center of grille cloth
- build date: 9/93 (initials MB)
- board: RR-1D

Just picked up another ToV...

- S/N R-0026XX
- fixed power cord
- parallel loop
- 562105 EIA606-317 OT
- 561138 EIA606-322 PT
- green jewel
- small logo in upper left of grille cloth (black cloth)
- build date: 9/93 (initials GM?)
- board: RR-1E

RLcYHHq.jpg

Willy_Wonka said:
Yes the one on the left is a RR-1D board and has series loop. The right one has parallel. Both are from 9/93 and less than 100 digits apart in serial #.

Do they sound much different to you? I assume the board revision was for the loop only. I’ve had a combo previously like the one on the right and traded it for a Tverb head years ago. I’ve always contemplated getting another combo, I just hated hauling it to gigs back then. I always loved the big logo combos looks.

Well they have different tubes from previous owners. STR -440 in the one and Sovtek 5881s in the other.

Also different speakers. I put DV-77s in one. The other has stock V30s.

Back