Mini rectifier 10 watt problems

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmw34

Reaction score
First off a big thanks to stellarrays for the mesa service mod info. Next up, I bought a used mini and after playing it in 25 watts for a few months, decided to perform my favorite mod from my triple rectifier on it. Now that my warranty is voided I found I really like the 10 watt mode, but my amp suffers from the 10 watt cut-out/noise issue, with or without my mod installed. The mesa service mod involves adding a 1000uf filter cap to the low voltage output, but I am not sure exactly where they added it. Can anybody out there who has had their mini serviced take a picture of the circuit board? I would expect the mod to be in the area around the large blue filter cap. Sorry but I can't seem to add pictures.

Here is the fix that Mesa have come up with for the Mini Recto when the amp sees
voltage that is too low.

1) Change R8, the mute timing resistor from a 1M5 to a 560K
2) Change C47, the mute timing cap from a .082 to a .22-- note that the
positive end of the cap points toward the rear of the amp. Also, the new
larger cap can mount into the holes as shown-- it's the same as the original
cap.
3) Add a 1kuf 25V cap to the +16V supply, in parallel with C44

I will send you the pictures via Email

RalfT85, could you pls send me the same picture? I seems to have the same problem and I am not 100% sure where are these components located, found 1 only... Thank you.

Mine too has started doing this, RalfT85, could you send me the pic too please?

I know this is a total thread Necro, but does anyone have theses pictures? I went to sell mine and discovered it has the issue. FML.

People are offering me $400 for it, because it needs repair. I'm hoping I can find a local tech who can do it for a good fee, so I can sell it for a better price.

Back