Differences between 500-series chassis

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fear

Reaction score
I scored a Lucid ADAT converter awhile back. I know Lucid quit the commercial audio years ago which is why this was likely so cheap, but Google searches typically compared them to RME and similar. I was planning on eventually incorporating 500-series into my rig based around a Focusrite 56 Liquidchannel.
Pricing Lunchbox chassis is showing a wide spectrum of prices and options.
The Radial seems pretty cool because you can buy it cheap now and then upgrade later by adding a summing mixer.

Why would anyone need a summing mixer built into their 500 chassis?

I'm seeing the Midas chassis is super-cheap, I'm guessing because it's unclear if it's just rebranded Behringer Chinese or actual Midas built to Midas specs in some Asian sweatshop.
Is Purple so cool that people are willing to pay double for quirky lettering and paint on their chassis?
Is there static noise bleed-over on cheaper unit power supplies?
I'm just thinking it would be cool to play with analog and building my own channel strips. If I ever get up to playing with Chandler or Rupert Neve stuff, it would justify a premium chassis. I just want to know the difference between the low to mid-priced chassis.

Back