Recording mark V 25 into Garage Band with DI or headphones.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tat2pooch

Reaction score
First time post here, Just picked up a Mark V 25 and am curious if anyone has done any recording with it into garage band or other mac based software.
I was thinking that the headphone out might work, because I could run a 1/4 cord w mini jack direct into the mac mic input???
or is there a way to get the cab clone DI into a device or adapter that will enable hooking up to the mac?

I have run the cabclone into an interface and into protools and it sounds amazing! So much so, I've considered ditching my SM57 live and just running the cabclone DI direct into the board.

I have not tried the headphones thing yet, but I don't see why it wouldn't work. Just make sure the speaker switch is off.

Tom S4wy4r,
Thanks for your reply, Since that post I have gotten an irig interface and used the xlr out, it worked great. I also had to get a headphone amp, Behringer micomon ma400, it's $25 and gets rid of unwanted dist fuzz when using headphones. I think Mesa Boogie should post something about using a headphone amp to get better tone...

Back