Has Gibson Acquired Mesa?

Forum specific news and announcements

Moderators: Guitarzan, Grandor, ned

woodbutcher65
Mark III

Re: Has Gibson Acquired Mesa?

Post by woodbutcher65 » Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:32 am

This isn't like when Gibson acquired Steinberger. They bought Steinberger to bury a significant competitor, and they did that.

But Gibson, and particularly its current management, knows that Mesa is a true premium brand and highly valued BECAUSE of it, and this management team, at least, is likely smart enough to know not to mess with success.

I do not expect Mesa to change the way they make amps, not for many years. I expect that very little will change except that they may take on some other amp designs that Gibson thinks have value. To name one example, an Epiphone Valve Jr. made by Mesa would quite possibly be an epic little thing.

Bruceta
Mark II

Post by Bruceta » Wed Feb 24, 2021 4:45 pm

Seeing is believing...
Amps and Cabs
Mesa/Boogie, Friedman, Bogner, EVH, CAE, Engl

Guitars
Charvel, Jackson, Suhr, Tom Anderson, Ibanez, Mayones, Music Man, Peavey, Caparison, EVH, Zaganin, Music Maker

El Rey
Bottle Rocket

Post by El Rey » Fri May 28, 2021 7:51 am

It's a strange view from my mind. These are unusual times.

This a hot subject in certain circles.

The Mesa/Gibson thing has me thinking too, but I have no clue how it will shake out.

All of that aside though, I understand Randal is what....75? Maybe he plans to enjoy some easy time while still can. Whatever the case I wish him well. Such a brilliant and fascinating soul. I still marvel at all he's done. Pretty damned remarkable collectively (as Mesa Boogie the company) what Boogie has done industry wide, and continues to do.

Whatever happens, their legacy cannot be denied.

Wonder how this will affect the current used Boogie market prices?

Glad I've continued to hold on to my 92 MKIV A.