Opinions?: Mark V 90 vs Mini rectifier

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yamilhas

Reaction score
Hello!

I have the chance to trade in my Mini Rectifier + a very nice Custom Telecaster MIM (parts caster) for a Mark V 90.
Besides the Mini Rec, I currently own a DC-3, a .50 Caliber, a Laney Ironheart Irt15h and a JCM800 (2204 clone) and JCM2000 DSL.

The thing is I can part ways with the Tele, and I like the Mini Recto but I am concerned that the Mk.V is an overly complicated (and therefore a nightmare to service) amplifier. As in, if something fucks up, I suppose I am much more screwed than having my Mini Recto repaired.

Beside that, and in spite of being very much aware that the Mk. V is considered to be far superior and flexible than the .50 cal and DC-3 (hence $$$ difference), I am wondering if getting a Mk.V is a bit 'redundant' with my Calibers which I absolutely love. Please don't get me wrong, I am aware that they are different, but I do believe these have a very 'Markish' voicing.

Finally, and sorry for the long text, I am wondering if the Mk.V is 'excessive'. I mean, I have never owned an amp this expensive and complicated. I kind of like the simplicity of all the amps I already own, and I am by no means a 'PRO' player, nor am I currently gigging

Btw. I am into Hardcore (Melodic, Youth Crew, etc). So I could not care less about clean tones. I am all about mean, pissed off gain!

I'd trade in an instant if I were you. The Mark V is twice as good as anything you own presently. It is an iconic amp whereas the other amps you listed are archaic old metal museum pieces, not modern metal mayhem like the Mk.V.

Latest posts

Back