M6 Carbine issues

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sean_Gephardt

Reaction score
I've had my M6 for about a year, and recently i've started getting this crackling sound when playing. I'm sort of new to bass amps (was guitar player in a previous life), so I'm not sure what kind of issue this may be. I've tried different instrumnet cables, as well as different "speakon" cable and the problem still happens. This leads me to believe it could be the pre-amp tube, as it seems related to how much signal is going through the system - meaning the crackling onlyhappens when I'm playing, and isn't constent.

Any ideas?
Could it be a wiring issue with the bass itself? I don't have another bass to check.

TIA

Sean_Gephardt said:
I've had my M6 for about a year, and recently i've started getting this crackling sound when playing. I'm sort of new to bass amps (was guitar player in a previous life), so I'm not sure what kind of issue this may be. I've tried different instrumnet cables, as well as different "speakon" cable and the problem still happens. This leads me to believe it could be the pre-amp tube, as it seems related to how much signal is going through the system - meaning the crackling onlyhappens when I'm playing, and isn't constent.

Any ideas?
Could it be a wiring issue with the bass itself? I don't have another bass to check.

TIA

bumping this (with a new account). Changed out the pre-amp tube, no change. There seems to be an short somewhere in the EQ stage, as the gain & output works just fine. The amp makes a weird oscillating sound under the note played, when playing lower frequency notes. Switching the pre-programmed EQ and lowering the "bass" tone knob down, makes is seem less prominent, but it still persists.

It's still under warranty, where can I find warranty info?

i am having the same issues here. used different cables, cabs, basses and still the same. had mesa hollywood check it out and seemed to be ok for a month or so then started again. all they did was replace the pre amp tube.

Latest posts

Back